Safeguarding at Cape Cornwall School
Cape Cornwall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our highly experienced and dedicated team ensures
that consistent and effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, students and staff at school.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome.
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, supporting vulnerable children and so much more. Every member of staff is trained to spot the signs and report safeguarding matters to the team.
Cape Cornwall School’s main safeguarding priorities for 2023-24 are:
- To maintain the strong culture of safeguarding at Cape Cornwall School, liaising proactively with outside agencies where appropriate.
- To develop a bespoke programme of training for staff where required.
- To strengthen parental engagement in key safeguarding issues.
- To develop an “anti-bullying” student group utilising student leadership to support this strategy.
Operation Encompass: We are an Operation Encompass School. We work closely with the Police to ensure that our parents and students are safeguarded around incidents of Domestic Abuse. For more information see the Operation Encompass website or contact the DSL for details.