24,506 JOBS WERE ADVERTISED IN CORNWALL IN 2019, 2,507 of these jobs were advertised by The NHS and 61,800 people are self-employed in Cornwall
Cape Cornwall School is fully committed to supporting students with their career aspirations and pathways. Cape Cornwall School aims to meet all eight Gatsby Benchmarks identified by the Gatsby Foundation.
At Cape Cornwall School we would like all subject areas to do the following:
- Have a display that links subjects to careers
- Develop links with external agencies and employers
- Invite alumni and other external speakers into school
- Organise where possible external visits to businesses or organisations
- Record careers learning in schemes of learning
- Explore the possibility of developing projects with local businesses
- Take into account all students needs and interests and ensure that information challenges stereotypes
Subject teachers will be supported by the Careers Leader to integrate careers opportunities into their subject areas though INSET sessions. This will include the opportunity to meet local businesses and organisations.
Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has lots of new opportunities and developments in a wide range of sectors. For more information about the sectors and developments in Cornwallplease look at the ’10 Opportunities’ booklet created by the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership.
They have also created a booklet which highlights the sectors and information for the county. https://issuu.com/cioslep/docs/to_boldly_go_complete_doc